Day 3!

We have the first week in the books! I have really enjoyed getting to know all of my students this first week. I know that we have an awesome class and will have an amazing school year!

Today, we practiced some basic division skills, we learned how to log in to Xtramath on our ipads and explored some of the different math apps.  Ask your child which app they liked the best and why.

We continued to work on reading books about bullying and looking for the theme of each book. That message the author wants you to take away!

Today the students also became bloggers! You may check out your child’s blog by clicking on the student blog link to the right of this post. We will be planning to blog every Friday. This is where your child tells you about their week in school in their own words. They are so much fun to read. You can also comment on their blogs.

As you probably noticed, your child came home today with a little more glitter! Ask them what the purpose of the glitter activity was. It has a very powerful message about choosing our words careful, as our words can hurt and we can’t undo the hurt.

I am looking forward to a great week next week. Five full days. Daily homework will begin on Monday.

Have a great weekend!