Spring Has Sprung! Now, Only if it Would Warm Up!

I can’t believe that it is finally Spring! Hopefully, warmer weather is in the forecast!

First I would like to thank all of the parents that came in for parent teacher conferences! It was so nice to be able to sit down and talk with you about all the growth I have seen this year!

Today, after reading and approving student blogs, I thought I would invite some guest bloggers on, the students don’t know this yet.  The recap of our week will be brought to you by the students!

Math ~ In math we learned comparing fractions with different size wholes and with unlike denominators.  I’m lucky because we are using them with number lines!  That’s good because it would be so hard without them. (Abigail U.)

Social Studies ~ In social studies we are learning about how humans adapt to their environment and how they modify the environment.  We talked about if we should give some water from the Great Lakes to states in the desert and one reason Mrs. Lannon brought up was they don’t need to have green grass lawns!  I agree with her because they should adapt to the environment, not change it!  Do you agree?  Or disagree? (Anna R.)

Writing: In writing we are writing our literary essay on Google docs. It is very complicated to get there, but I just use the app. (Ava B.)

Reading: Next, this week in reading we FINALLY get to do a book club!!  The book that my group is reading is called The Homework Machine and it is a VERY good book so far. (Sophia M.)

Specials ~ Gym: In gym we just did mission impossible and that’s where we have different stations and you have to get points on the ones you want to do. One of the stations was playing the X Box. (Delaney N.)

Music:  In music two 4th grades will become the star student!! One girl and one boy will become the star to represent our school,  it’s a big honor to be chosen! (Elexis E.)

Art: In art we just made clay sculptures and they were a lot of fun. (Nolan M.)

STEM: In stem we are  to start building our rockets next time. (Jaxson T.)

Gym: In gym we finished mission impossible the gym teacher even had a video game that we got to play. (Noah V.)

This week has been great and it is mostly going to get better because on Friday we are going to watch a movie (The Lightning Thief) and compare it to the book we read in class!  I am so exited to watch the movie. (Jimmy C.)

I think the students covered our week quite nicely!

Thursday, March 26 – Talent Show 7 PM at the SLMS Auditorium

Friday, March 27 – Read-A-Thon Day.  All pledges are due.  We will be participating in reading activities all day.  Students may bring a blanket, pillow, or stuffed animal and wear their pj’s/comfy clothes to school.

April 3 – April 12 – Spring Break

Wednesday, April 15 – Link Up Concert at the Frauenthal Theater – cold lunch needed

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, April 28, 29, 30 and May 5, 6, 7 – MSTEP testing.  Please avoid any absences during these days