Friday the 13th!

We had a bit of an unconventional week this week. We started our M-STEP testing this week. Students took the Math M-STEP on Tuesday and on Thursday. I know that the students tried their best and I commend them for their patience while we struggled with getting everyone logged in correctly. Next week we will be taking the ELA and Science portions of the M-STEP.

The students also had the opportunity to perform with The West Michigan Symphony Orchestra at Frauenthal on Wednesday! I am so proud of how well behaved they were and with their singing and recorder performances. It sure was a lot of fun!

In between M-STEPing and concert performances we did get a little bit of academics in. On monday we did our final accounting for Market Day. Students also chose a charity to donate to. The choices were the West Michigan Chapter of Make-a-Wish and the Harbour Humane Society. The only stipulation was that each student donate a minimum of $1. I am astounded by how generous the students were! Holmes 4th grade was able to donate $237 dollars to each charity! Way to go 4th graders!

We also snuck out to practice some Bocce Ball with Ms. VandenBosch’s class on Thursday after our math M-STEP.

Please pay attention to the important dates coming up as it is the time of year where we have a lot happening really quickly!

M-STEP TESTING DATES:

May 17, 18, and 19 – Please try not to schedule any appointments for those days.

Important Dates:

Monday, May 16 – ALL library books must be returned!

Tuesday, May 31 – 4th Grade Bocce Ball Day and Rocket Launch (sack lunch, sunscreen and drinks)

Thursday, June 2 – 4th Grade Chicago trip

Friday, June 3 – Be Nice Fun Field day (during special)

Tuesday, June 7 – 4th Grade Celebration at Spring Lake Middle Scool